Portmeirion in Summer – Colours, Shapes & Textures – Mini Module with Masterclass
3 July 2021 @ 13:00 – 17:00
You Will Learn
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to shoot architectural photography
- How to compose and shoot your images
- How shooting in black and white / colour gives different results
- How to capture the summer landscape in your camera
- How to shoot for HDR
- How to think creatively and “See” an image
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 1:00pm – Meet at the ticket office for Portmeirion
- 1:10pm – Welcome, Information, and Instructions
- 1:15pm – Photography starts: 1:1 and Group tuition
- 3:00pm – Masterclass – Shooting for HDR
- 4:00pm – Photography resumes: Photography starts: 1:1 and Group tuition
- 5:00pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event – Wide angle if possible or standard zoom
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Tripod / Cable release if you have one
- Entrance and refreshment money
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with Welshot Team Leaders.
What Will Happen
The beautiful Italian village of Portmeirion in Porthmadog, North Wales is the venue for this Summer Welshot Photographic Mini Module and Masterclass. From learning how to shoot for High Dynamic images (HDR) to capturing the colour, textures, and shapes of this amazing venue in your camera.
Built by Sir William Clough-Ellis between 1925 and 1975, he brought the glamour and the beauty of the Italian Riviera here to North Wales and this will be where we will put our cameras to the challenge of capturing the spirit and essence of Portmeirion.
For this Mini Module, with camera in hand, you will explore the village that was made famous by Patrick McGoohan in The Prisoner, taking in the magnificent architecture and the incredible array of plants and flowers that decorate the village. There will be a chance to walk in the forests, capture seascapes, landscapes as well as try your hand at macro photography too.
The Welshot Team will be at hand throughout the day to assist and help you get the best from your camera, so you can leave at the end of the day with memory cards full of beautiful photographs and great memories.
We will be keeping within Welsh and English Government regulations regarding the Coronavirus and Covid 19 Regulations, and we expect our delegates to do the same.
Please Note: You will also need to pay an entrance fee – further details can be found here: https://portmeirion.wales/visit/plan-your-visit/tickets
This event is discounted to £32.00 at checkout if you are a Welshot Academy Member. To become a Welshot Member and receive some great benefits check this link!