Liverpool Skyline & Low-Light Photography – Birkenhead – Roving Academy Evening
Tuesday, November 23 at 19:00 – 22:00
What Will Happen
This Liverpool Skyline & Low-Light Photography session from the Welshot Photographic Academy is always one of most popular Roving Academy Evenings – everything from long exposures to shooting for panoramic images. Capturing the details of this wonderful, historic and vibrant skyline, from the coming and goings of boats, ferries and ships on the River Mersey the photographer will never be at a loss for something to capture in their camera. If you love architectural photography, the Liverpool skyline has it all, from the M&S Bank Arena and the Liverpool Museum which provide the modern influence to the Liver Buildings and Three Graces showcasing the historical architectural delights.
The Woodside Ferry Terminal in Birkenhead provides us with the perfect vantage point to hold our Liverpool Skyline & Low-Light Photography adventure and we will, for those who would like a bit of inspiration or want to think a little differently – have a challenge for you should you need a little inspiration. We will also have a masterclass covering how to capture a panoramic image in camera.
The Welshot Team will be at hand throughout this session to assist and help you get the best from your camera, so you can leave at the end of this session with memory cards full of beautiful photographs and great memories.
Please Note: No food or drink is included in the cost of this event and this is a fully outdoor event – please make sure you come dressed appropriately. If Welshot decides to postpone this event due to bad weather conditions you will be given a number of options regarding your booking.
Welshot will be keeping within Welsh Government regulations and recommendations regarding the Coronavirus and Covid 19 Regulations, and we expect our delegates to do the same
Image Credit(s): Mark Carline, Neil Stevens and Paddy Reason – Taken on a Welshot Roving Academy Evening
You Will Learn
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to shoot the Liverpool skyline
- How to shoot a panoramic image in camera
- How shooting in black and white / colour gives different results
- How to shoot in low-light conditions
- How to shoot long exposure photos
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 7.00pm – Meet outside the Woodside Ferry Terminal – Birkenhead. Welcome, introductions and handouts
- 7.05pm – Masterclass: How to shoot a panoramic image in camera
- 8:30pm – Long exposures and low-light photography
- 10:00pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event – Wide angle if possible or standard zoom
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Tripod / Cable release if you have one
- Refreshments – Snacks or drinks if you think you will require during the event
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with Welshot Team Leaders