Photographic Academy Evenings
Photographic workshops, courses, and events, specifically designed for the beginner to photography, held during Weekday Evenings. Our Academy Evenings are great “Taster” sessions, covering a wide range of photographic genres and giving you an insight into what we do at Welshot as well as to our more intensive and advanced workshops and events. See how we can help you with your photography.
Academy evenings are also great for the enthusiast photographer who wants to build a portfolio of images, try something new, or just mix with like-minded people in a relaxing, fun, and non-competitive environment.
With the help of the Welshot Team you will be given all the support, guidance, and tuition you need to help you get the best out of your camera – regardless of your skill level. Group and 1:1 tuition is always included. All you need to bring is your camera, lens(es) and a tripod if required – We supply the rest.
Photographic Academy Evenings – At A Glance:
- Held in various locations/venues throughout the Northwest of England and Wales
- Usually start at 6.30/7.00pm and finish at 10.00pm
- Cover a wide variety of photographic genres
- A light buffet supper is sometimes included depending on the session, venue, and location
- Roving Academy Evenings are ALWAYS outside locations and don’t include food/refreshments
- Reasonably priced – Academy Evenings are THE best way to ‘Try Before You Buy’, whether that is a certain piece of kit, equipment, a new genre (to see if you like it) or Welshot Membership before you invest further.
Book your next Academy Evening below!
Luckily Eifion took me under his wing and, as a result, I have become much more confident with my camera.
I joined Welshot in 2016 because I saw some photography days which I really wanted to do. When I went to my first Academy evening, I had never had the camera off automatic, and I turned up with a new tripod which I did not know how to put up or attach to my camera. I have also tried photography genres I would never have contemplated before Welshot, including studio shoots, street, and macro photography. Being part of Welshot is not just learning how to use your camera better – it is also going to interesting places with like-minded people.