- This event has passed.
Seascapes & Sunsets – Rhos on Sea – Roving Academy Evening
Tuesday, August 24 at 19:00 – 22:00
What Will Happen
Seascapes and Sunsets – What more could the photographer want. Tonight at the Welshot Photographic Roving Academy Evening we will be in the picturesque location of Rhos on Sea, Colwyn Bay, North Wales where we will walk along the promenade that follows the vast sweep from Old Colwyn to Penrhyn Bay. There will be plenty to keep the photographer and camera busy, from sailing boats in the man-made harbour, shooting long exposures to street and creative photography.
As well as seascapes and sunsets, we will, for those who would like a bit of inspiration or want to think a little differently – have a challenge for you – to create a photographic brochure of Rhos on Sea from a tourists point of view. We will also have a masterclass covering how to capture a sunset and long exposures.
The Welshot Team will be at hand throughout this session to assist and help you get the best from your camera, so you can leave at the end of this session with memory cards full of beautiful photographs and great memories.
Please Note: No food or drink is included in the cost of this event and this is a fully outdoor event – please make sure you come dressed appropriately. If Welshot decides to postpone this event due to bad weather conditions you will be given a number of options regarding your booking.
Welshot will be keeping within Welsh Government regulations and recommendations regarding the Coronavirus and Covid 19 Regulations, and we expect our delegates to do the same
You Will Learn
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to shoot seascape/landscape photography
- How to compose and shoot images for a tourist brochure
- How shooting in black and white / colour gives different results
- How to shoot a sunset
- How to shoot long exposure photos
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 7.00pm – Meet outside Fortes Cafe – Rhos on Sea
- 7:05pm – Welcome, introductions, handouts
- 7:10pm – Create a brochure challenge / walkabout
- 7.30pm – Masterclass: Shooting long exposures and sunsets
- 8: 30pm – Sunset
- 9:00pm – Long exposures and low-light photography
- 10:00pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event – Wide angle if possible or standard zoom
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Tripod / Cable release if you have one
- Refreshments – Snacks or drinks you think you will require during the event
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with Welshot Team Leaders
This event is discounted to £32.00 at checkout if you are a Welshot Academy Member. To become a Welshot Member and receive some great benefits check this link.