- This event has passed.
Spring Nature Ramble – Photography at RSPB Conwy – Mini Module with Masterclass
Spring Nature Ramble – Photography at RSPB Conwy
Grab your camera and join us on our Nature Ramble – Photography at the RSPB Conwy Nature Reserve in North Wales, guaranteed to help ease out you of Winter and into Spring while capturing the beauty from what can only be described as a stunning environment. The Conwy RSPB nature reserve is a wetland on the Conwy estuary, created from material dug out during the construction of the A55 road tunnel. It is now home to a variety of wildlife, and a great place for photographers and their cameras. there is always something to see and photograph, from landscape to macro, flora and fauna and, of course, birds. Your Welshot Masterclass will be learning how to work with light and shutter speeds to capture stunning compositions and movement.
If birds are your jam then Spring season is a great place to see and capture the Sedge Warbler, Whitethroat, Black-tailed Godwit and Lapwing among other migrant birds that will be arriving. Want to capture something a little different in your camera – there is a good opportunity to catch the Carneddau ponies grazing nearby which helps to keep the habitat in good condition for the orchids when they arrive.
You Will Learn
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to capture movement in nature
- How to work with light and shutter speeds
- How to focus for sharp subjects and how to set the correct aperture to give a blurred background to your images
- How good composition can transform your shots
- How to correctly expose your images
- How to use long exposures and ICM (intentional camera movement) to give a bit of creativity to your photos
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
Beginner to photography? We’re here for you.
Whether you are a beginner to photography, a photographer who would like to try a new genre, learn a new technique or skill, or, a more advanced photographer who wants to build their image portfolio, you will be made welcome, and we would love to help you get the best out of your camera.
The Welshot Team will be at hand throughout this Spring Nature Ramble – Photography at RSPB Conwy – Mini Module with Masterclass event to assist and help you get the best from your camera, so you can leave at the end of this session with memory cards full of beautiful photographs and great memories having learned a thing or three about photography and your camera.
10:30 – Meet – Conwy RSPB – Welcome over a coffee – outline of the day, what you can expect and a chance to say what you would like to learn
11:00 – Nature Ramble / Photography starts with One to One and Group tuition
13:00 – Lunch – Not included – Q&A session, review of images, a chance to get any specific help you need
14:00 – Masterclass – Learning how to work with composition / light / shutter speeds to capture movement and ICM (Intentional Camera Movement)
15:00 – Nature Ramble / Photography continues with One to One and Group tuition
16:00 – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event.
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Tripod / Cable release if you have one.
- Refreshments – Snacks or drinks if you think you will require during the event.
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with Welshot Team Leaders.
- No food or drink is included in the cost of this event
- This is an outdoors event. Please make sure you come dressed appropriately.
- If Welshot decides to postpone this event due to bad weather conditions, you will be given several options regarding your booking.
- This event is discounted to £60.00 at checkout if you are a Welshot Academy Member. To become a Welshot Member and receive some great benefits check this link.
- Voucher spaces are limited – Bookings made using a voucher/coupon code are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- In accordance with our Terms of Service – We may need to make changes to this event – We will do all we can to inform you as soon as possible.